An Open Plea to Someone Important to Me

Dear You,

You've been a member of my core family for a long time now. Recently, things have been really hard. I know because I watched it unfold first hand while we visited the midwest over the past several weeks. Things are far worse than I suspected and this is my open plea to you to seek help immediately.

My reasons for this letter are somewhat selfish. I need him to be here for me. I need his attention, his clear head, his genius to help us find a real solution to my disease. You know how terrible cancer can be, you've watched your own family go through it and then, you went through it too.

I know he is not always the outwardly cuddly, emotionally supportive person we want him to be. In fact, I suspect, right now, he's downright prickly, angry, exhausted and ultimately probably a bear to be around all the time. And that burden is on you right now. It isn't right and it isn't fair. For that, I am sorry.

I'm begging you to be proactive and make the difficult decision to seek professional help for yourself so he does not have it do it for you. He's in too deep. He can't make another hard decision and life cannot just keep happening around us any more. We're all running out of time and options.

I'm worried for everyone involved directly with this. I'm worried for their future and the affect this will have-- having two people equally distracted by difficult situations--somebody's needs are always left out. We need to work together as a family to solve this and move forward.

Once again, I am begging you to make the decision and seek in patient, professional care for your situation. I'm here, rooting for you. We will all come and help while you get back to being your best self.

Please, do this for me, if nothing else. You deserve happiness in life and I want you to have that back.

Love,
Nikki

Comments